Thursday, September 16, 2010

Silver linings

I was lurking through my old blog posts while nursing a bad stomach just now and found this. It was written in February 2007, probably almost a year of seeing D. In a twist of fate, although I wrote the post with full confidence back then, we broke up about 3 months later. I guess I wasn't convinced enough. We lost all contacts after he hooked up with a psychotic girl who stalked me up at the beginning of their relationship (yeah, I know it sounds like a scene from sinetron, but it did happen!)

But as fate had it, we met again in Ramadhan 2009 after I finally responded to some anonymous smses. I don't normally respond to anonymous smses or calls after the stalking saga (I don't even accept friend request from strangers on FB) but those smses, I just knew those were from him, and I was right. He had broke up with the psychotic half a year earlier while I was happily single and busy enjoying simpler life doing different things with good friends. Lepak-ing at Kadir after work almost on daily basis with Rocket, Chotty, Ironore and the other diving lots after work, going on diving or IRM trips at weekends was my idea of simple life back then anyway.

As fate had it too, less than a year later, we spent most Iftar and Sahur in Ramadhan 2010 together, as D (or now better known as the Big Boss) and I are now man and wife. The months leading to the wedding in June were filled with obstacles and dramas (seriously, kalau buat filem mesti box-office punya!) but with perseverance and lots of doa, we managed to overcome them all and are now happily married. I am now with the man I truly love and who loves me dearly in return.

As the saying goes, kalau dah jodoh tak ke mana... I am truly blessed.

5 comments:

Hairil Rizal said...

When the path towards happiness was rough, we tend to cherish the happy ending more than ever.

Glad that you've made it against all odds.

My love story was rough too.. mmg boleh buat mini cerekarama also. In the end, I am truly glad with what I have!

Cheers for you Ryzah!

edina monsoon said...

That is so sweet. The last line of your post:) As browning said " grow old with me, the best is yet to come". Here's to many years of marital bliss ahead of you.

Mel Ija said...

Wow... it does sounds like a Cerekarama on TV3. I'm impressed.. and yeah, you are right. Kalau jodoh tak ke mana.. :)

Well I pray that you will have a wonderful and blessed marriage, and may you and hubby be in the guidance of Allah for only He knows best.

Yan said...

BLISS! sooooooo happy for you sista! ;)))

Hazyr said...

Thank you Yan!! :)

End of an era (and the beginning of a new one)

So, I turned 48 a few days ago. Instead of having the day off to celebrate, it was a busy day instead starting with a virtual viva session f...