Sunday, February 11, 2007

Does age REALLY matter?

2 years ago, I wasn't sure if I would ever find love again.. what's more the unconditional type from the male species that I was wishing for. Then I met D.

Although he has most of the qualities that I was looking for in a man, I tried my best to push him away in the first year of our friendship cum 'relationship', believing that it will never work, for only one reason.. He is far too young for me. Well, do bear in mind that I already had one bad experience, so do excuse my pessimism.. I was just not ready for high-risk relationships.

But no matter how hard I tried, he kept coming back. I did wonder why couldn't he just walk away to save him from all the hassles especially that he has a lot of other options within his own age group.. those without past baggage, excess fat or wrinkles. OK, I may not have wrinkles yet, but I'm sure some will appear just a few years down the road!

Anyway, I am now done with pushing. I have now realised that God has actually answered my prayers sooner than I expected and I am grateful. D IS the unconditional love that I was waiting for.. He loves me for the person I really am, the good and the bad. He even loves me on my bad hair/mood day. Although we are of different characters and backgrounds, we share similar principles on life which to me, is the most important thing for a relationship to survive. Trust is never a problem between us and even with the age gap, he has gained my utmost respect.. to my own surprise.

So, does age REALLY matter? I guess not.

What really matters are honesty, sense of responsibility, trust and respect. And I am glad that I have found these..


No comments:

End of an era (and the beginning of a new one)

So, I turned 48 a few days ago. Instead of having the day off to celebrate, it was a busy day instead starting with a virtual viva session f...