Thursday, April 08, 2010

Dalam selimut putih (Part 1)

This is a post of random thoughts while I was warded for a week for a bad back.

30th March 2010, 10pm

The girl at the opposite bed wore a Man Utd jersey today and I have just overheard her conversation with the other lady next to her bed:

"Awak sokong Manchester ya?"

"A'ah. Beckham cun kak!"

Emmmmmm. I have nothing against MU or its fans. Besides, I know many REAL MU fans whom I truly respect for their footie/ club knowledge and loyaties such as my former school junior Idlan (she's such a big name in blogsphere now) and my batchmate Nor (who's now on a lone adventure around the globe en route to World Cup, I am green with envy) and many more. My definition of REAL fans are those who would stick by their teams either they win or lose, those who enjoy the game for the game and not just for the pretty faces in it (Hukaloh.. Beckham dah berzaman out of MU cik kak oi..). Real fans should be able to name atleast half of the team if not fully and should be able to describe the meaning of the offside rule. Most importantly, real fans possess true sporting spirit and handle winning or losing maturely and in moderation instead of with over-the-top cheers and jibes. Ok, a lil' glee whenever MU lost is of course still acceptable, no? ;)

Anyway, fake fans (particularly of MU for some reasons) more common than not, would go by all means to demean and ridicule the opponents when they win but surprisingly all silent when the clubs they supported were defeated. Those who just a week ago declared themselves hardcore fans because their teams were winning suddenly became indifferent and distanced just because their teams lost their games this week. Worse, some may jump-ship declaring their undying loyalties to another (winning) team. Have you guys not realised how we suddenly see so many Barca fans now? Check out the newsfeed on your FB if you don't believe me.

Oh well, hope I get to be transferred to another room soon. The gossips I am made to listen (they're talking very loudly ok) in here is making me want to puke. Honestly.

No comments:

End of an era (and the beginning of a new one)

So, I turned 48 a few days ago. Instead of having the day off to celebrate, it was a busy day instead starting with a virtual viva session f...