Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Terkenang si Daffodil

While doing some work in the very quiet office (where is everybody??), the image of daffodils suddenly sprung to mind. Yup, it should be spring in the UK by now, my favourite time of the year. Emmmmm.... I miss this place:


Daffodils at Hillsborough Park taken from Panoramio.com

A quick search on googlemap and I found this:



Lloyds Pharmacy attached to Far Lane Medical Centre (a GP centre) was where I did my student internship in Summer 1998 and the first time I discovered Hillsborough. I loved the place so much that I moved to the area 2 years later and did locum at the pharmacy whenever I was free (and in need of extra $$$!).

Shepperson Road was the road I lived in when I moved there in 2000 while working at the Royal Hallamshire Hospital. Easily the best place I have lived so far... I just loved the house and the neighbourhood. The locals were so friendly and I felt belonged and at home almost instantly. I had a lovely garden too where we would held BBQs in the spring and summer and where my cat Petit (and her kittens) roamed free, stepping on my (tiny) bed of flowers at times...

Hillsborough Park was only 5 minutes walk from my house and I would frequently go there to feed the ducks, shoot some hoops (there were 2 basketball courts in the park) or just to enjoy the fresh breeze of spring and the beauty of daffodils.

Sheffield Wednesday homeground was also a short walking distance from my place. But errr... who would be interested in Sheffield Wednesday these days, I wonder?




I found this 360 degrees picture of the park too... cool eh? Think if I look hard enough, can probably see the roof of the old house in the picture!

No comments:

End of an era (and the beginning of a new one)

So, I turned 48 a few days ago. Instead of having the day off to celebrate, it was a busy day instead starting with a virtual viva session f...