Monday, July 28, 2008

Living in fear

I am feeling unsettled with a hint of anger. Don't know I'm angry at whom exactly, but yeah, I am a bit pissed off.

It all started when I was in Surabaya a few weeks ago. One thursday morning, my family had a surprise 'visit' from FOUR robbers at about 5am. They fortunately didn't managed to get into the house since my family woke up on time but they took their time to calmly broke into my dad's car and walked away with the GPS and stereo sets. They did that while my family helplessly watched from the window just a few inches from the car... my dad shouted at them throughout but that didn't deter them at all, knowing fully well that my family wouldn't dare to get out of the house while they were still here. And the fact that they were armed.

So, because of the incident, just like before, my parents are now back into their edgy mode again and I got the first taste of it on the day after I got back from Surabaya. While I was having drinks with my friends post-futsal that sunday night, I received a sms from my mom, asking when was I going to come home...and it was only 8.45pm ok! So, since then, I sort of lost my independence. No more late night outings. Not that my parents actually stop me from going out, but I just don't want them to worry...and worse, wait for me. One night, I had to go out for an emergency and when I got home at 4am, BOTH my parents were at the door to see me in. I can't do that to them again, can I?

Anyway, nowadays, the slightest sound in the middle of the night would wake both of them up. And I think, the paranoia is creeping on me too. I now have ears of a cat and keep waking up at night with any movement sound from outside the house. The fact that I have a few cats roaming around the house is not helping either... I used to be able to differentiate moving sounds made by the cats from the unusual ones but now, any sound can make me easily anxious and full of suspicion.

No wonder I am always tired and cranky nowadays... I am deprived of good, quality night sleep!

_______________________________________________

I woke up almost every hour on friday night because of numerous weird sound throughout the night (or were they all just in my head?) and as a result, I was completely wasted and didn't have the energy to get up on time for basketball the next morning eventhough I received a number of wake-up calls. But since all I did was tossing and turning instead of sleeping, I finally pulled myself out of the bed at 8.30am and went to the court. I took some (boring) shots to kill time while waiting for them to finish the game and go for breakfast...















Man.... I really need to go for another holiday fast.. I should have photos of exotic places on this blog, not of sweaty boys!

No comments:

End of an era (and the beginning of a new one)

So, I turned 48 a few days ago. Instead of having the day off to celebrate, it was a busy day instead starting with a virtual viva session f...