Wednesday, February 13, 2008

A silent prayer

God,
give us grace to accept with serenity the things that cannot be changed,
courage to change the things which should be changed,
and the wisdom to distinguish the one from the other.

Reinhold Neibuhr


______________________________________


In my years of training, I had never given up on people. I never tolerated sloppiness and just pushed to bring the best out of each person. But for the first time today, I gave up.

I have failed. I am sorry. He was sorry too. But I think, it was the best option for us both; for the sake of our sanity.

I am tired. This has got to stop.

No comments:

End of an era (and the beginning of a new one)

So, I turned 48 a few days ago. Instead of having the day off to celebrate, it was a busy day instead starting with a virtual viva session f...