Sunday, October 07, 2007

Tragedi Oktober

While walking around at my local Pasar Ramadhan a few days ago, I heard a song which I've not heard in years played by one of the nearby shops, Tragedi Oktober by Awie. Not that I ever liked the song but it brought back some good old memories. When it first came out more than a decade ago, I kept bugging my close friends and asked why the hell did Awie (or whoever the lyrics writer was) chose October as the featured month in the song... why not July? or September? or even January (since it's by birth month!). None gave me a satisfactory answer or one that made any sense.. and that question still bug me till the present day. Why bother? you may ask.. Well, I was curious, that's all.. but as people say, curiosity kills the cat!

Anyway, I thought about the song again on my way home and I suddenly realised (in my own 'perasan' way) that the song might just meant for me! Here's why:

October 2002: I resigned from my job in the UK straight after I completed my Postgrad Clinical Pharmacy Diploma after hitting rock-bottom in the summer. Well, it's hard not to nosedive to the bottom when you suddenly received an infidelity confession coupled with a talaq out of the blue just a few weeks before your exam, isn't it? And all those just through an email too (yeah, he was such a coward). Many of my friends were against my decision to come back to Malaysia to give my marriage another go, but I guess, being a good wife (haha..), I just had to. At least, I know now that I've given my best right?

October 2003: A good friend who helped me set up this blog and who was also one of those who strongly opposed me coming back to KL in the previous year suddenly left us due to heart attack. Sadly, I didn't get to know about it until a few days later from his cousin although coincidentally enough, I passed by the exact cemetery at the exact time of his burial and when I saw people going in, I did wonder whether it was somebody I knew...

October 2004: The inevitable happened. But I was lucky that I have so many good friends here in Malaysia and in the UK who continuously encouraged and supported me throughout the difficult period. It's unfortunate though that I've lost all the comments left in this blog during that period..Although I didn't believe it at the time,what they said did come true... I did come through the 'tragedy' as a stronger and better person. It took time and countless teary nights but it happened anyway. So, to all broken-hearted souls out there (you know who you are), believe me, there's still light at the end of the tunnel. You just need to keep going ok.

October 2005: No real tragedy happened although I 'created' one myself by enrolling into a part-time MSc study since I didn't get the chance to continue with it when I was working in the UK. I thought, since I already have my Postgrad Diploma, all I have to do were a few extra modules, a critical review and a thesis project.... how hard could it be right? How wrong I was! In the past 2 years, most of my weekends were spent in the office to catch up with MSc work and I am so GLAD that it's finally over now!

October 2006: Can't really remember what happened in October last year since there were no entry in this blog at all for the whole month.. I must be really busy then! But I do remember that I was going out with someone who loved me dearly at the time but because of the huge age gap that I couldn't fully accept and due to some other unresolved issues, we decided to part ways mid this year. I hope he will one day meet his 'the one' and she can be the person I couldn't be to him.

October 2007: No tragedy so far... touchwood!

_______________________________________________________________

This is one entry by the late Joe in his blog just a couple of weeks before he passed away. He was one of the early Malaysian bloggers and a creative one too. Al-fatihah.

Orgasmic October
The Erotic University (EU) has declared October, the American National Orgasm Month. According to the EU's website, October was selected as the month to celebrate the pleasure and health benefits of orgasm because it is the only month with a big 'O' in it.

Cliterati reports that one of the events to be held in October will be an attempt to break records for most sequential orgasms and the most simultaneous orgasms ever achieved in one sitting. The first record-breaking attempt will be led by Ken X, who will teach a group of female volunteers his "touchless orgasm" technique. The goal of this technique is to give women the ability to climax on cue.

I propose that the organisers of the Malaysian Book of Records try and outdo this attempt and put Malaysian on the world map. There might be a Datukship in it for anyone who can beat the Americans to the records. I am willing to coordinate this event on behalf of the organisers in Malaysia. Female volunteers (Irene, are you reading this?) should email send me their phone numbers immediately, there are only 3 days left. No qualifications required, just cum as you are.

Malaysia Boleh... err... what's the Malay word for orgasm?

Gosh, it just occurred to me that there is no (proper) Malay word for orgasm. Does that mean sexual fulfillment is not a part of the Malay psyche? Or is it just my poor grasp of Malay showing up?

[Thanks to hazyr for the headsup]

posted @ 6:05 AM | permalink

No comments:

End of an era (and the beginning of a new one)

So, I turned 48 a few days ago. Instead of having the day off to celebrate, it was a busy day instead starting with a virtual viva session f...