Friday, October 19, 2007

Goodbye my friend

She was still a young kid when I first set my eyes on her. It was during the first raya after I came back for good from the UK and it was love at first sight. Within a few years, she blossomed to become a real beauty, a caring mother and a gracious, ever-so-cool grandmother. We were real buddies before and we shared a common interest too..reading that is. Whenever I read newspapers, she would read (sit on) the exact column I was reading. She were there for me during my dark and teary nights too. Not so much of a talker, but she would just sit on my lap and looked at me with her loving eyes. I would often ended up reaching for cottonbuds to clean her ears and because I would get engrossed in the cleaning process, the tears would stopped naturally.. she had her special way to cheer me up, didn't she?

Sadly, over the years, we drifted apart. She, fully occupied with her kids, grandkids and boyfriends. Me with...well, all the things that happened in my colourful (or sometimes chaotic) life. She even found new comfort from a neighbour and got acquainted with another neighbour's dog that they actually slept and ate together. On the very few occasions that we met, she would greet me with her sharp stares instead of the usual purrs... until about a week ago. Since last week, she stayed at home most of the time, even responded to my calls. She wasn't well I supposed but was still active and eating..But a visit to the hospital to make her better again changed everything. She was injected with only-God-knows-what by one stuck-up yet incompetent MA and her health sharply spiralled down from there on. She finally left us for the eternal afterlife yesterday morning. One private doctor thought she was probably overdosed...sigh...

goodbye xiqgy... gonna miss you..

_________________________________________________________


I know this song is relatively old already. A number of fellow bloggers already went gaga over it a few weeks ago but I didn't get the chance to really listen to it before, not until yesterday lunchtime when I had to cover for my staff at the private wing. It was (and still is) quiet at work particularly the private wing that I could even listened to the radio! Anyway, the voice, the lyrics and the melody are just...perfect. If a guy comes to me and sing this song, I'll be totally cair! heheh..

No comments:

End of an era (and the beginning of a new one)

So, I turned 48 a few days ago. Instead of having the day off to celebrate, it was a busy day instead starting with a virtual viva session f...