Sunday, January 01, 2006

A sweet gesture

Have you ever received flowers or gifts on just a regular day?

Those received on your birthdays or anniversaries don't count.. not even during christmas, Valentine's day or New year. What I mean is just on a normal, nothing-special-to-celebrate day...have you?

Well, I did a few days ago.. Someone thoughtful gave me a bunch of red roses out of the blue on an insignificant rainy-and-gloomy-as-usual-working-day. Believe me, that really made my day that I smiled all day.. even in my sleep! Suddenly, all my stress and worry of unfinished assignments and overloaded work just disappeared into thin air.. just by looking at the roses! It just show how small yet sweet gestures like that can totally change someone's day and mood. So dear friends, cheer up your loved ones and give them something special on the days when they're least expecting it. I'm pretty sure their days will be instantly brightened up and they'll love you even more!

No comments:

End of an era (and the beginning of a new one)

So, I turned 48 a few days ago. Instead of having the day off to celebrate, it was a busy day instead starting with a virtual viva session f...