Sunday, January 01, 2006

2006: In with a bang...literally!

I woke up with a stiff neck and ringing ears this morning..

It's been awhile since I last saw fireworks display at a close range so excuse me for being a bit excited about it. I was in Damansara for the new year countdown last night and I'm glad that I went eventhough I wasn't that keen at first. The thoughts of getting stuck in the traffic and in between stinky revellers (in that manner) put me off of joining the celebration until a 'gentle' persuasion from a certain quarters finally made me change my mind.

Anyway, while straining my neck looking up the sky for maximum pleasure of the magnificent colours and loud bangs, my mind went on an automated flashback of all the events that had happened in 2005. At the end of that 8 minutes or so, I successfully concluded that 2005 itself was a colourful year with many highs and lows, tears and laughters and most importantly, love and happiness lost and refound. So, for this new year, there won't be any new year resolutions (since it is very likely that I won't stick to it anyway!). I just want to be thankful that I am now a better ( I think!), stronger and happier person. I am also thankful that I'm blessed with loving and caring family and friends as well as good health and a stable career. Can't be asking for more, can I?

Happy new year everyone!

I forgot to bring my camera last night so I had to copy this photo from NST online just to show how beautiful our new year firework displays were! ;)

No comments:

End of an era (and the beginning of a new one)

So, I turned 48 a few days ago. Instead of having the day off to celebrate, it was a busy day instead starting with a virtual viva session f...