Tuesday, January 17, 2006

A new decade

I turned 30 yesterday… Yup, the big THREE-ZERO. I was never age-conscious before but this year is a lil’ bit different. I’m not that bothered with the actual physical aging process (ok, maybe just a little bit!) but it’s the prospect of entering a new decade of my life that scares the sh*t of me. What will the next 10 years of my life be like? Happier? Healthier? Wealthier even?

Years ago, I actually set up a certain goals that I should have achieved by the time I’m 30 but looking back now, I realised that those goals are simply unrealistic. I may have achieved some of the targets, but the rest are now out of the window…

‘Kita hanya merancang tapi tuhan yang menentukan…’ Yup, we can only make plans.

‘Go ahead and cry now, just give in to the madness
The only way to feel your joy, is first to feel the sadness
Go ahead and sail now, just give in to the ocean
The only way to tame your fear, is to feel her rockin’ motion..’
-Vonda Shepard’s ‘100 tears away’-

Just wonder if the eternal happiness I’ve been seeking will finally be found in this new decade….

P/s Emm.. should I start shopping for those overly-priced anti-aging creams now? :)

No comments:

End of an era (and the beginning of a new one)

So, I turned 48 a few days ago. Instead of having the day off to celebrate, it was a busy day instead starting with a virtual viva session f...