Thursday, January 26, 2006

A visit from the past

It's 5.47pm and I just finished my lunch.. in peace and quiet.. finally.

Came down from the wards at almost 4pm to my already cold packed noodles. The phone rang just a few bites into it and was told that there were 'people' who wanted to see me urgently. Thinking that they must be patients with problems or queries, I directed them to come over to my office so that I can settle whatever the problem was quickly and continue eating. Boy... how wrong I was!

The 'people' turned out to be a few strangers who needed personal help from me. Not patients, not drug reps and not even doctors or nurses... They were total strangers.. and the only thing that bound us together this afternoon was my past. My painful past that I'd rather forget...

It was unbelievable.. overwhelming in fact. But they were nice people and in desperation of help. This meeting was fated.. so if my painful past can actually make somebody else happy or in this case, even safe a soul...let it be...

No comments:

End of an era (and the beginning of a new one)

So, I turned 48 a few days ago. Instead of having the day off to celebrate, it was a busy day instead starting with a virtual viva session f...