Wednesday, February 16, 2005

In the dark

I passed out in the toilet last saturday night. No signs, no warnings. One moment I was sitting in the toilet trying to do my business and the next thing I knew, I was already face-down on the floor in a pool of blood. What really happened? What caused it? How long was I in the unconscious state? I guess I would never know some of the answers. All I know now are that my forehead and mouth are swollen and that I've lost a tooth! Ouch!!

The dignosis that was written in my medical notes in the hospital was 'vasovagal attack'.Sounds like a vague diagnosis to me but since all the investigations were normal, what else could I expect? My BP and sodium level were on the lowish side so I guess I just need to eat more salt to prevent this from happening again! It's abit weird because I always thought that my BP would be higher now that I'm regularly stressed out but it's totally the opposite.

Anyway, I was told not to drive or go anywhere alone until the cause is found. But realistically, I don't think that the cause will ever be found.So, for how long should I not drive and be dependent on others? I know the thought of losing my consciousness when I'm behind the steering wheel is pretty scary but life still need to go on right? Emmm...

No comments:

End of an era (and the beginning of a new one)

So, I turned 48 a few days ago. Instead of having the day off to celebrate, it was a busy day instead starting with a virtual viva session f...