Sunday, November 09, 2003

Enjoying my job?

It's 12.03am and my eyes are wide open. A number of things have been occupying my mind recently and what I do for a living is one of them.

Starting from next week, I'll be venturing into Cardiac Care Unit (CCU) and Cardiac Rehab Ward (CRW). Had a meeting with the ward sister yesterday and I'm now looking forward to this new challenge. She said that it's good that I'm bringing in some experience since most of our cardiac patients have very poor understanding of their disease and medications. But I still have a lot of learning to do especially of their local practice and I'm also quite nervous of their receptions since they never had any proper clinical pharmacist input on the ward before (or so I think). We just have to see, shall we?

Anyway, I actually had a short chat with Mr David, a senior lecturer at IMU today and what he said really made my day. He said that them (IMU lecturers) are envious of us at HUKM because we actually do what we preach (or try to anyway!) although with limited resources and recognition. Well, somebody have to start somehow and HUKM just took the lead in clinical pharmacy practice in Malaysia. Which is why it was my first choice of employment when I came back although the pay is....err... let's just say I'm not as eager to open my payslip at the end of each month as I used to!

And I still remember a teasing from Sarah G... She said that I must be the only person that she knows that really enjoy my job...hehe...sad isn't? Emm, that reminds me.. I need to reply gaby's and louise's emails!


No comments:

End of an era (and the beginning of a new one)

So, I turned 48 a few days ago. Instead of having the day off to celebrate, it was a busy day instead starting with a virtual viva session f...