Saturday, November 15, 2003

To blog or not to blog

The past few weeks have been pretty much uneventful in my blog world. All of a sudden, letting my opinions known is not that important anymore. I guess when somebody died, it's inevitable that parts of you would be affected too. And I have seen/heard quite a number of deaths this year already. The first one was of my beloved grandma in August. Then it was of a fellow blogger, Johan, (who was kindly enough to introduce blogging to me) and while I was reading Organised Chaos just now, I got to know that one of my juniors passed away recently of cancer. Al-fatihah to arwah and condolences to her family. I don't think I knew arwah or the family but to lose somebody at a very young age and of cancer is just devastating.

That reminds me of arwah Noni, my ex-schoolmate at Desa Tun who passed away of cancer too. I last saw her at our batch reunion in 1997 (at my house since we were 'too poor' to organise it at posh hotels or clubs then) and she was all smiles although we all knew she was still in pain after her chemos. Such a strong girl...Al-fatihah.









1997 reunion.. with arwah noni with us. How simple life was back then..




No comments:

End of an era (and the beginning of a new one)

So, I turned 48 a few days ago. Instead of having the day off to celebrate, it was a busy day instead starting with a virtual viva session f...