Thursday, October 30, 2003

Ramadhan Al-mubarak

Today is the third day of ramadhan.

Everytime ramadhan arrives, the memories of fasting in STF came flashing back without fail. How can I forget...

- having to learn how to wear kain batik at the start of every ramadhan so that i could go to sahur with my pajamas top (full pajamas was not allowed in the dining hall). But I think I gave up to master the art of wearing it somewhere in Form 4 and wore trackbottom to sleep from then onwards instead. (And I still don't wear kain batik.. don't think I even own one!)

- the prank that the seniors pulled on april fool's day (in 1990 if I'm not mistaken) resulting in one of the 'makciks' fainted when she woke up to prepare for sahur.

- the eagerness to celebrate 'malam tujuh likur' ... We put on 'pelita' during formal dinners, so we managed to play 'bunga api' at the hockey field after terawih... without wardens' knowledge of course! But these were in the early days. I became a prefect in form4 so, couldn't really do 'such thing' could I? :)

- having to take SRP during ramadhan. I remember being in dilemma either to go to prep to study or to go to terawih the night before the science paper. Ended up going to terawih with the science book in hand hoping that I could 'absorbed' whatever in the book during the prayers.... So much for last-minute study!

Emmmm...those were the days....

The past 2 years have been difficult for me. Yet, ramadhan always managed to bring me calmness and peace and enable me to put things into perspective...

Selamat menyambut ramadhan to all!

No comments:

End of an era (and the beginning of a new one)

So, I turned 48 a few days ago. Instead of having the day off to celebrate, it was a busy day instead starting with a virtual viva session f...