Saturday, April 01, 2023

First quarter of 2023

Can't believe the first quarter of 2023 is already gone. Time flies! It was a busy quarter but I am glad I get to do a few things again such as diving! Managed to finally squeeze in a trip to Tenggol in mid March, and I can't believe I have never dived in Tenggol before. Beautiful diving sites! Only a few underwater photos below since my underwater photographic skills were abit rusty after 9 long years of not diving. Why did I stay away for so long eh? Oh, as fate had it, I met Ardy and Lynn there (although we didn't tell each other that we were going) and we ended up diving together for 1 of the days. Ardy was my dive buddy when I first took up scuba diving back in 2008 so it was a nice mini reunion.


                             


                               

                            

                           

Just before Tenggol, I managed to squeeze in a friendly match for our male NPSC basketball team with SatUM so it was really nice to meet the SatUM guys again after all these years. Of course, none of the first gen SatUM are playing anymore but the rest such as Y, Ed, Butet, Jai, Husen, Fendy & Hadi are still there except that they have upgraded themselves from UM court to Cobra Club. Lepak with them at Amjal too for old times' sake but no more nasi lemak bungkus!



Just before Ramadhan, we went to Penang for the 16th NPSC 2023. Although both our basketball teams only got silver and our swimming team only managed to win 3 golds, 1 silver and 2 bronzes, I am still so proud of them as I myself did not managed to give my full attention in training them this year. Work has been and is still as hectic as ever so I am just grateful with whatever that they have achieved especially that we still come 2nd for overall medal tally. Don't know if I will still be coaching again next year, feeling too old and battered already. 



Anyway, managed to see an old diving friend Deepy too last night after so many years. He is only back in KL for a few days for a funeral so I am glad we managed to catch up although only for a short while. I really miss all my basketball and diving friends! Should organise another moreh at Uptown meet up soon. 


No comments:

End of an era (and the beginning of a new one)

So, I turned 48 a few days ago. Instead of having the day off to celebrate, it was a busy day instead starting with a virtual viva session f...