Saturday, April 25, 2020

Ramadhan Kareem 1441

I came down at 3 am, made myself a cuppa, all determined to listen to 16 recorded presentations that I have to assess but 10 minutes later, here I am on blogger instead. Silent nights have always brought me back to this blog but I guess I haven't had many of those in the last few years, judging from the very few posts I had.

I have nothing particular in mind to write about so I guess this will be just another random ramblings to myself since this blog hardly get any visitors in the last few years. Just the way I like it actually. Facebook and Instagram have been too loud, while although my Twitter has less than 100 followers, but I already have some students and ex-students following me there, thus I still have to be careful of the things that I wrote. Nothing too personal.

I have been feeling unsettled lately. There is a pandemic going around but I am at home, just doing work and house chores. This is new territories for me. In the past, whenever there were big crises going on, I was always involved either directly as part of my work or with NGOs. Except this one. Yes, helped my stranded students getting food supplies and even tracking some of them who were PUIs and PUS before but that's about it. I have submitted my name to be a volunteer frontliner but my current teaching and learning loads have been chaining me to my desk and I am feeling, I don't know, suffocating?  Of course, it is so rewarding to see my former students now being in the thick of things as frontliners and I am so proud of them. But I wished I am there with them.

Oh, an old good friend got in touch with me just a few days ago and again yesterday. We have drifted apart for almost 10 years now. We used to hang out together almost everyday circa 2008 up to early 2010 and it drastically stopped after I got married. Now it is just limited to whatsapp messages on  special events such as birthdays or Eid. Itu pun kalau ingat. I miss him sometimes (we were good friends and neighbours and nothing more than that) but I guess we cannot have it both ways. I hope he will soon find his own happiness. He deserves it.

Now, as for EPL, can't they just give out the trophy to Liverpool already? Geez.



Ok, time to listen to a few presentations before I start reheating food for sahoor. Till next time, happy fasting!





No comments:

End of an era (and the beginning of a new one)

So, I turned 48 a few days ago. Instead of having the day off to celebrate, it was a busy day instead starting with a virtual viva session f...