Tuesday, April 07, 2020

MCO Day-21 random ramblings

It's almost 4am and I couldn't sleep a wink so I got up to have an early sahur since I'm going to fast tomorrow. Came down quietly but instead of preparing food, here I am.

A lot on my mind today although nothing of importance in particular. I guess this is what 21 days of not leaving the house at all does to your brain. Apart from some deadlines, frequent virtual meetings and basic house chores, I have not been that productive in the last couple of days. Tonnes to do with student assessments, thesis drafts to read and papers to write, but I am uninspired. And inactive brain wanders.

In the past few days, I have been thinking a lot about the future, old friends that I haven't spoken to in ages, about the old work places, the sea, the underwater creatures that I miss so much and many more. I thought about the loved ones that I've lost and those who are aging and unwell. Suddenly I feel so helpless.

Anyway, I dreamt about Royal Hallamshire Hospital 2 nights ago. In the dream, I was supposed to restart work there due to the COVID-19 pandemic and they needed extra hands. But the hospital has changed so much that I found myself lost in the wards. So many doors! Weird enough, Corrine and Hillary were in my dream too. I wonder where they are now. I am pretty sure Hillary has retired long time ago but wonder if Corrine is still at RHH. I hope they are well. Big boss and I were supposed to go to London this summer but with the pandemic going on, I guess we have to scrap the plan. Nasib baik being a last minute person as I am, tickets tak beli pun lagi :) So, I hope once the situation is clear, we can go diving instead with the old gang.

For now, tatap la this old pic first.


                                          Porcelain crab of Lembeh Strait, Indonesia (2009)

Oh, I noticed that since the MCO started, there are more birds in my neighbourhood, extra noisy too! The skies are bluer and last night, there were even 2 fireflies in my house too (although one is now dead thanks to Rizqy the cat). There's a blessing after all eh.






No comments:

End of an era (and the beginning of a new one)

So, I turned 48 a few days ago. Instead of having the day off to celebrate, it was a busy day instead starting with a virtual viva session f...