Friday, April 13, 2012

Finally, home.

I unpacked a few boxes last night. Some of the items have been in those boxes for almost 10 years. Yup, a few items that I brought back from the UK remained unpacked for the past decade since I never did find a good time to take them out, or the need to do so.

Truth to be told, I never once felt truly settled or at home in the last decade. In the first couple of years after I came back, I stayed in a rented apartment and were probably too occupied picking up the pieces and mending my broken heart after the first incident. When we finally parted ways at the end of 2004, I quickly moved into my parents' and straight away plunged into work and social activities that I never really had the time to see to those boxes. I guess, deep down I knew I didn't belong to any one place (not even my parents') hence always looked forward to those travelling days either for work, voluntary work or diving.

Anyway, when I finally remarried 2 years ago and moved into a rented apartment with Big Boss, the move was swift, thanks to those largely unpacked boxes. To be honest, I was happy at the apartment and didn't see any point of finding our own place. Those boxes were nicely tucked away in the store room too. But towards the end of our tenancy agreement, the owner started to talk about selling the unit and we panicked. With much hesitations (mainly on my part!) we finally bought our own house at the end of last year and moved in last month. We did almost all the cleaning, repairing and painting ourselves so this house is truly ours in every sense.

I guess, my non-committal years are finally, truly, over and it is now the time to deal with those boxes.. because I am at long last, HOME.




















I used to have fresh tulips, daffodils or carnations in this vase a decade ago. I guess it's time to shop for fresh flowers again...

4 comments:

Adliff said...

semoga tenang selalu kak Ryzah. lama kita tidak jumpa.

Unknown said...

ryzah...where's your place..? leh visit for your house-warming...or even just suka2...too much too ask for housewarming hahahah....congrates ok!

Hazyr said...

Aliff,

Apa khabar?

Farah,

Aku kat Bandar Nusa Putra, near Cyberjaya. Yup, mai la dtg rumah.. let's gather2 with Ru-y and Syaz sekali!

Unknown said...

cyberjaya ye..? InsyaAllah...aritu che joe, sawe n syaz with kids mai umah aku...we did potluck thingy.... aku kalau drive dgn 4 kids, too nasty to think apa jadi nanti...hahhahaha.... nanti kita arrange lagi yek..!

End of an era (and the beginning of a new one)

So, I turned 48 a few days ago. Instead of having the day off to celebrate, it was a busy day instead starting with a virtual viva session f...