Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Tujuh Tahun

It's almost 5pm and I still have many things to do including a short article for a paper due tomorrow which still hasn't gone past its introductory paragraph. But am now taking a short break from work to wish my blog a happy 7th anniversary (ok, I know 'wishing' a webpage sounds rather weird and creepy). If this blog is a kid, she would have started primary school by now kan? Phewwww.

Yup, this blog is almost hidup segan mati tak mahu now and I don't forsee that it will drastically change in the near future either, now that I've started my research while juggling with work and (newly) married life. But for the sake of the good (and bad) ol' times and the fact that this blog has witnessed a number of significant life events in the last 7 years, I shall keep it alive and will try to update it from time to time.

Through blogging, I befriended a few people whom to me are great bloggers (although I don't know if we can consider it as 'friendship' when the only communications were through blogs (or rather, me stalking theirs), facebook and emails) such as AKAB (since his Semusim Di Neraka years), Lucius Maximus (from his Trankuiliti Tronoh years to now Sokernet) and Hyelbaine. I truly enjoy reading their blogs all these years for they always offer great style of writing, fresh (and funny) ideas and most importantly, proper grammar and spelling. I just hate those 'lazy' ones who use the stupid sms-style abbreviations... poning!


Of course, the majority of the blogs I am following are owned by my friends either from school, college or university and the two famous ones are Idlan and Norzu (when you have your own column in a newspaper and a news portal, you ARE famous right?) who are now in South Africa waiting to watch a semifinal game of World Cup 2010 for free. I am damn jealous!

Footnote: Yes I know England lost (yet again) but atleast not as humiliating as what Argentina had to go through right? Hehehe.

3 comments:

Hairil Rizal said...

7 years is a long time Ryzah. Keep it going. It's OK to be slow because the gist matters most.

Hope I can be writing as long as you do.. I am just about nearing 1 year in blogging. :)

ardy said...

Brings back plenty of memories, doesn't it?

Happy 7th Anniversary!

Hazyr said...

Hairil: I bet you can beat my total no. of posts by year end with the rate you're going ;)

Ardy: Kan?? Albeit some memories are best to be deleted forever now (especially those we gossiped about at our Dorai sessions circa 2007-2008!) hahaha..

End of an era (and the beginning of a new one)

So, I turned 48 a few days ago. Instead of having the day off to celebrate, it was a busy day instead starting with a virtual viva session f...