Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Simple things in life

Conflicting ideas. Mixed signals. Unresolved issues.

A sure recipe for a chaotic mind.

There would be times when I'd wished for a crystal ball to help me make sense of the past and present in order to map out a better future.

There would be times when I'd wished for a magic wand to make certain things just disappear or to help make judgements and decisions when the mind ended up in total chaos or a state of fatigue.

There would be times when that all I wanted to do was just to hide in my invisible cave..forever.

But life goes on. It has to be.

So, it is really a bonus when eventhough life itself seems to be so complicated and screwed up, I still have the chance to enjoy some simple things in life which more often than not, are taken for granted. Simple things that are, in reality, as powerful as the magical wand or the crystal ball and can easily produce smiles and sighs of relief, even on bad days. Simple acts like sitting on the pavement of a 7-eleven, late at night, eating Magnum (the ice-cream that is) with a good friend. Such a bliss!

Merci beaucoup.

No comments:

End of an era (and the beginning of a new one)

So, I turned 48 a few days ago. Instead of having the day off to celebrate, it was a busy day instead starting with a virtual viva session f...