Sunday, May 31, 2009

I'm supposed to do work but...

I hate queue-cutters, especially on the road. I think they should just burn in hell (yes, I really hate them!) I notice that a lot of young girls do that these days.. cutting into a long queue from the side without even bother to put on the signal light. Didn't their parents teach these girls good manners?? Grrrr...

-------------------

An old friend is in Venezia right now while I am here at home trying to start writing an essay and preparing a separate oral presentation for my PTK tomorrow. How I wished we could swap places. I love Venice for its colour and of course because it is surrounded by water. I am a water person, isn't it obvious by now?


This photo was taken using my old Minolta SLR somewhere back in 2000 or 2001

------------------

I was already fast asleep when my door was knocked. My dad wanted to show some 1000++ photos from his recent Hongkong trip to my mom but he couldn't get the DVD to run on his laptop. With eyes half-closed, I got up and sorted it out or my dad would forever be on my back with 'But it run ok in the office!' statement again and again. Phewww..

I lingered around for awhile and watched the telly while both my parents busily going through the photos. The Hongkong trip was for the 60-year anniversary celebration of the Kuok Groups (yes, when you're the richest man in the country, you can afford to fly all your management staff to another country, just for a dinner!) and since my mom (and my sister too) used to work within the groups, she knows many of the faces in the photos. My heart warmed up looking at this 50+ year old couple chatting and gossiping on the 'who's who' in the photos... Life was never exactly smooth-sailing for them but they are still strongly together. They have what my own marriage was lacking before.. sense of responsibility, loyalty and trust..

My dad is not the lovey-dovey type of man but I know he loves his family very much. Now that my mom has stopped working, I regularly spotted my dad telling her the office and family gossips after work while they're having afternoon tea or early dinner together... quite funny really. And my dad could never keep any secrets from my mom so if we (the kids) wanted to know anything.. all we have to do is just 'korek' from my mom!

-----------------

Such a sad sad song...

No comments:

End of an era (and the beginning of a new one)

So, I turned 48 a few days ago. Instead of having the day off to celebrate, it was a busy day instead starting with a virtual viva session f...