Sunday, May 17, 2009

The best of Lembeh

The trip couldn't have come at a better time. The past few weeks (or even months) preceding to the trip were hectic and mental-draining, hence, when the day finally came, I gladly 'left' my thinking brain cells in my holiday gerobok back home and off I went.

Bastianos Resort on Lembeh Island was just the place I was hoping for.. A picture of tranquility. Great dives, scenic location, friendly and helpful staff and good food were the extra added values. A very relaxing holiday indeed and all that I had to think of when I was there was whether I have enough air to last as long as I could underwater (and not go into deco of course, although I did anyway!). Albeit the scorching weather, I slept like a baby each night there, the first in months. Wished I could stay there forever!

Here are some photos:


Bastianos Resort - where we stayed



I watched the sunrise at about 5am each day without fail.. It was very therapeutic indeed.




The old inactive volcanoes - a view from our rooms




Pygmy Seahorse@Nudi Retreat



Flamboyant Cuttlefish@Pantai Perigi



Banded boxer shrimp@Jahir



Long-armed octopus@Chompreng



3 Frogfish on a buoyline@ Teluk Kembahu



Wing-spined Seahorse@Chompreng

There are more photos of the weird and wonderful critters of Lembeh but I am just too lazy to upload them... the connection is very slow today!








No comments:

End of an era (and the beginning of a new one)

So, I turned 48 a few days ago. Instead of having the day off to celebrate, it was a busy day instead starting with a virtual viva session f...