Saturday, September 13, 2008

Of old friends and nicknames

Over the years, I accumulated a number of nicknames and am called differently by different sets of people, even until now. Some nicknames were given by my family and relatives when I was small, many were given by friends over the growing up years particularly during my secondary schooling days. Some make sense, some just totally don't!

The nick hazyr itself was given to me by one of my close friends when I was in form two.. Funnily enough, it first appeared in this friend's diary (mesti kutuk aku nih!) and later made popular at school by her and a few others. Although I have been using it regularly ever since, I have totally forgotten about its origin until she mentioned it here in her blog recently. It brought a wide smile on my face when I read it....aaaaaw, the good ol' (naive) days!

This morning (yes, it's 3am in the morning now and I just got home from basketball), when I logged onto facebook a few minutes ago, I was hugely surprised to see one unexpected name under 'People you may know' column of the site. It was the name of a person whom I have been searching for years! She was my classmate and french partner for 3 years (we called ourselves 'frenchies' back then) although I am pretty sure she received a much better results for French in SRP compared to mine. I am ashamed to admit that I took french before because although I have even been to France twice, my french is now limited to 'Je ne parlez par francais' only..heheh..

Oh, anyway, this long-lost friend was the creator of another nickname that stayed on with me till today. The nick originated from the comic character Bambino although I still can't remember what was the relation between me and Bambino at the time or how exactly the nick came about!

This was one of her favourite songs when we were in Form 2 and tonight, it brought back a lot of fond memories. Believe it or not, I still have the lyrics of this song that she wrote in my song book almost 18 years ago! (yes, I had a song book before... don't laugh!) 


Good to see you again mate!

No comments:

End of an era (and the beginning of a new one)

So, I turned 48 a few days ago. Instead of having the day off to celebrate, it was a busy day instead starting with a virtual viva session f...