Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Dancing in the rain

It rained cats and dogs when I left the hospital after work today. Heavy rain would normally bring out big sighs from me since it would more frequent than not means getting stuck in bad traffic jams. But today was an exception. Today, for some unexplained reasons, I welcomed the rain with a big smile... getting totally drenched out just to get to the car didn't bother me at all. In fact, I walked slower than usual and purposely walked across the instant water puddles just to get my feet totally soaked. I wanted to take off my shoes and walk barefooted but my always sober head over-ruled, since I was still in the hospital compound.

Nanti ada pulak yang kena hantar wad psychiatric pulak kan...

Walking in the rain today reminded me of my younger years when life was simple and easy. The years when only love matters. I remember one day when a loved one and I walked hand in hand from Ampang Jaya to my house in heavy rain without any umbrellas or raincoats. It was quite a long walk but like I said, we were young and innocently in love that not even the rain could get in our way. We had fun that day.

Nasib baik tak kena panah petir!

The distant memory of that particular happy moment brought a broad smile on my face as I entered my car, soaking wet. But the smile was cut short. Out of the blue, his name popped up on my phone screen a few minutes later, while I was stuck in a traffic jam, still soaking wet. A surprise to me considering we haven't been in touch for quite a long time. He smsed asking a few questions on some medications since he was and I guess still is, feeling under the weather. Oh well, for all it is worth, at least he still remembers what I do for a living...

C'est la vie.

Anyway, I hope one day, I will once again be able to walk hand in hand with the one I love in the rain...

Walaupun dah kerepot dan bertongkat!

Yes, I am still one hopeless romantic. Even pessimism can't change that in me...

No comments:

End of an era (and the beginning of a new one)

So, I turned 48 a few days ago. Instead of having the day off to celebrate, it was a busy day instead starting with a virtual viva session f...