Thursday, June 12, 2008

Liar liar

When I was a young girl suffering from frequent bouts of dysmenorrhea, I was told by a number of people that the problem would disappear when I get married. I couldn't remember who said that exactly but the idea of pain-free that-time-of-the-month cycle was something that I looked forward to when I was growing up. It was a grand notion especially for a girl who had numerous incident of allergic reactions due to incompetent GPs who kept giving her different types of painkillers of which she was (and still is) allergic to.

Such a lie.

I am a full adult now and already experienced a few years of marriage but am still suffering from on-off dysmenorrhea. Like I said, such a lie! And to those incompetent GPs from my growing up years...FYI, I am allergic to Paracetamol, all NSAIDs and COX-II Inhibitors, which you should have detected much earlier if you've learned your pharmacology well at medical schools instead of putting me through hell by testing different painkillers like Diclofenac, Ibuprofen, Aspirin, Synflex, Ponstan etc on me. But thanks to you guys, I took up Pharmacy and found the answers myself..

Anyway, some also said that the pain will go away once I've experience childbirth. Well, obviously I can't testify to that yet but I am wiser now and not going to be lied to twice. Furthermore, I have friends who already have kids but like me, still experience dysmenorrhea episodes. I have now accepted the fact that it is something that I have to go through (until I hit menopause maybe?) and for days when it gets really unbearable like today, I just need to curl-up in bed for hours with a few doses of DF118, half a tub of tiger balm and a RM16 MC slip from my local GP who took less than 2 minutes to see me.

Well, I could save RM16 and get a free MC slip by going back to the hospital to get it from friends there but if I was well enough to drive to my workplace, I might as well go to work right?
___________________________________________________





My verdict? SUPERB!

Of course, it was not as good as my all-time favourite Phantom of the Opera, but this is one local production that I wouldn't mind watching again. Musly Ramlee who played P Ramlee was amazing.. he gave me goosebumps when he first sang Azizah, such a resemblance!

No comments:

End of an era (and the beginning of a new one)

So, I turned 48 a few days ago. Instead of having the day off to celebrate, it was a busy day instead starting with a virtual viva session f...