Thursday, February 07, 2008

When the cat's away, the rat's out for a field day

Most of the time, I am pretty orderly and in control, be it with my physical belongings, daily routines or the state of my mind. But things have changed for the worst in the recent days with a sudden rise in workload at the office (what's new?) and bouts of flu, diarrhoea and sore throat came one after another. A confusion on the love front and an argument with a dear friend added to the clutters in this small brain of mine too.


This photo of my messy work station yesterday summed up the state of my mind just perfectly!

So, I am now hugely relieved that the long-awaited chinese new year break is finally here... I am determined to be a total slob these 4 days to wind down and nobody can stop me. I will stay in bed for as long as I like and spend the rest of the hours in front of the TV or PC. I will only consume junk food, nothing less, and will only take my shower or change clothes only when they've become absolute necessary. This is my lunar-year resolutions and nobody can stop me from achieving it!

Ok...I did spent 2 hours in the morning today answering urgent calls from the hospital.. can we put that off-the-record?
____________________________________________________

I received this song many years ago from a guy whose heart I broke ( I was young and stupid back then ok) and it still remain as one of my favourites. He gave me the lyrics of this song (dulu mana ada MP3!) when we last met to bid our goodbyes. I sometimes wonder what had happened to him since and whether we can still recognise each other if we one day bump into each other on the streets...


_____________________________________________________

Received an sms from Ardy yesterday telling that the third book of the Farsala Trilogy is finally out in paperback... and he has bought it for me too. Yahoo!

No comments:

End of an era (and the beginning of a new one)

So, I turned 48 a few days ago. Instead of having the day off to celebrate, it was a busy day instead starting with a virtual viva session f...