Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Age is just a number

And that's my mantra for today :)

I turned 32 today. I don't feel any different, no grey hairs, no extra wrinkles...so, no big deal. Except that I've been coughing for the past 3 days and it doesn't look like it's going to disappear that soon. Thank god the temperature is back to normal or I have to shop for more 'Air Cap Badak'. Yup, I am a pharmacist but I have to resort to the unproven 'Air Cap Badak' whenever I am down with fever since I'm allergic to all those modern drugs which are normally used to reduce body temperature (also known as anti-pyretics). This is the exact reason why I became a pharmacist anyway. At least I have found an alternative drug for pain-relief (since those common pain-relievers are also in the same groups as anti-pyretics hence a big no-no for me) through my 'experimental' studying years, but not one for temperature yet.. maybe one day when I own a pharmaceutical company, I will invent one. As if.

Anyway, back to today... A big thank you straight from the bottom of my heart to all friends and loved ones for all the birthday messages, calls, cards, songs, pressies and even a blog post... I am truly touched by all your kind words and thoughts. You guys really make my day!




The birthday cake (and I received it 3 days before the real day!)






The birthday toast
















The second birthday cake (well..sort of!)







The special pressie :)
(What can I say...I am a hopeless romantic afterall!)



I am looking forward to the family dinner outing tonight as well as the 'sisters' get-together next week... more food and (probably) more pressies! Birthdays are just lovely, aren't they? I am blessed and thankful...

No comments:

End of an era (and the beginning of a new one)

So, I turned 48 a few days ago. Instead of having the day off to celebrate, it was a busy day instead starting with a virtual viva session f...