Thursday, August 30, 2007

Happy Merdeka day Malaysia!

It's Merdeka eve and the office is almost empty. Everybody else have left hurrily in cheerful and patriotic mood, many with special plans for the night or plane/coach to catch to be somewhere out of KL celebrating the long-weekend with their loved ones.

I on the otherhand, is still lumped in my chair with a messy desk in front of me. Not that I'm unpatriotic or anti-social (ok, maybe a little bit of the latter!)..but am just too tired physically and mentally at this moment of time to be arsed about any celebration. Ok, maybe my mood will change after hearing the sounds of fireworks all around KL at the strike of midnight tonight..or maybe not. By the way peeps, Merdeka is not just about parades and fireworks you know.. It's about being thankful for the independence that we're enjoying today and about working hard to improve ourselves for the betterment of the country and our people. Am I not right?

Ok ok..I'm sounding like a cheapskate politician already so I better cut the crap now. The actual fact is I am soooo NOT looking forward to this weekend because I still have 20k words to be squeezed out of my brain and to be processed into structured sentences that make sense on white papers. So, instead of going to parades and concerts like the majority of my countrymen (and the foreign workers too) I will be stuck in this office again tomorrow onwards...so no, maybe celebratory mood is just not for me this weekend. Not until 30th September 2007 definitely!


Happy 50th Merdeka day everyone. Take care and may god bless you!

No comments:

End of an era (and the beginning of a new one)

So, I turned 48 a few days ago. Instead of having the day off to celebrate, it was a busy day instead starting with a virtual viva session f...