Wednesday, July 04, 2007

A nose job and two bloody nostrils

I finally had my nose surgery done last Friday. Had a cold feet a few days earlier after hearing a friend had to suffer a week-long of terrible pain after a throat surgery.. But went ahead anyway knowing that i didn't have much choices in hand. I had 2 procedures done at one go, Septoplasty and Turbinectomy (reduction of the turbinate, I believe) which weren't as bad as they sound really since they were both done under general anaesthesia.

The 3-day stay was pretty short but spending the days on the hospital bed for hours and hours on end with nothing much to do was not an experience that I would want to repeat that soon if I can. At one point, my boredom turned to anxiety that I started counting the minutes and hours to the next mealtime (not that the food served was that great), the next visiting hours, the next doctors' rounds and even the next toilet trips. Yeah... I was that bored! I did try to do a bit of work on the first day but got reprimanded by one of the doctors (no, I'm not that sad doc.. I just did it to kill my time and the work needs doing anyway!). I tried to catch up with some sleep too but the ward was so cold that I kept waking up shivering. Anyway, the only thing that I managed to do successfully to keep me occupied (apart from counting the hours of course) was reading and I'm glad that Ardy lent me this book just a few weeks ago. I finished it in less than 2 days on the hospital bed... a great company for a time in need indeed!


Anyway, I received a surprise gift just before I got discharged from the hospital... A huge surprise indeed. I was all over the moon and all smiley even when my nose hurt and bled like hell with tears all over my face when the surgeon pulled out the gauze packs from the inside of my nose or when he tried to clean the nostrils(no doc, you can't ask for one too!).


So friends (you know who you are), you can now stop your 'throw your phone into the Klang river' jibes since I am now officially NOT the user of the near-extinct monophonic mobile phone anymore!

No comments:

End of an era (and the beginning of a new one)

So, I turned 48 a few days ago. Instead of having the day off to celebrate, it was a busy day instead starting with a virtual viva session f...