Wednesday, October 26, 2005

One date, two different years

On this date exactly a year ago, I was at the lowest point of my life and I made it known to the world by posting this. I was very fortunate at the time to have so many good friends who gave undivided support and care although all the messages left on Haloscan (or Halo'scam' as Baine called it!)then are now gone. I had mixed feeling about going back to JB for raya then because I was weak and didn't know how to face the whole family with my then new-found status although it turned out to be one of my best raya ever.

At work on the other hand, eventhough I was a wreck inside, I managed to keep the matter private and acted as normal that none of the nurses or doctors in my wards even got a glimpse of the turmoil inside me and they didn't get to know about it until..well, just recently. When they asked about raya celebration,'balik kampung'and family matters, I just answered in vaguely manners or just pretended as if all were fine.

Fast-forward a year.. As expected, questions on 'balik kampung'and family updates popped up again this year. Everyday this week alone, I was asked either by my nurses or the drug reps about my raya destination this year and nearly all followed by queries on my 'other-half'. But this year, I'm proud to say that I answered all clearly and matter-of-factly that I'm going back to my own 'kampung' and that no, I don't have any 'other-half' anymore. Many showed disbelieve and sorry but personally,I feel good that I can now face each interrogation with no emotional adverse effects. I'm relieved too that my status is now fully out in the open.

Anyway, with less than a week to go before raya, I'm just so excited and couldn't wait to go back to JB. Since I'll be spending the last couple of days of Ramadhan down south, I just can't wait to go to 'pasar juadah in Kampung Melayu Majidee(the biggest pasar juadah I've ever seen so far) as well as to go for Terawih prayers at the local mosque. Oh, and I shall get more organised this year and get our lemang supplies early so that we won't get conned again as last year!

No comments:

End of an era (and the beginning of a new one)

So, I turned 48 a few days ago. Instead of having the day off to celebrate, it was a busy day instead starting with a virtual viva session f...