Monday, January 17, 2005

Birthday wishes part II

I turned 29 yesterday. Nothing special about the number except that it's just a year away from the big '3O' but what happened throughout yesterday made it one birthday that I won't easily forget. From the moment the clock struck midnight till late last night, I was overwhelmed with the amount of birthday wishes I received via smses and phonecalls. From Kangar to JB, from Australia to the UK, people actually took some time out of their busy lives to make my day. The fact that they remembered one insignificant date out of 365 days a year made me feel so blessed to count them as family and friends.The most special sms came from a friend whom I have not seen for more than 10 years. What a good day to renew a long-lost friendship!

This was what I wrote on my birthday last year:

Anyway, I just realised that when people asked what I wanted for this birthday I didn't once give a definite answer. I guess for this year, my birthday wishes are...

to have the best of health
to lead a peaceful life with the person I love

May sound corny, but hey, it's my birthday!


I guess I am still the same old corny Ryzah since my birthday wishes this year are still the same as last year(well,a new pair of basketball shoes are also welcomed but nevermind!). Yup, alot of things had happened since I wrote that piece of post but whatever happened in the last year have not changed the true person in me. So, here's a toast for a brand new year ahead and may my wishes come true...


No comments:

End of an era (and the beginning of a new one)

So, I turned 48 a few days ago. Instead of having the day off to celebrate, it was a busy day instead starting with a virtual viva session f...