Tuesday, November 16, 2004

10 things about raya in JB...

1. Bought lemang at almost double its usual price (Did we get conned?).
2. Got summoned by a very rude traffic police in the city centre while picking
up my sister’s German friend the night before raya when I was only 0.05%
guilty (I’m telling the truth!).
3. Got really lost on our way home from the city centre that we ended up in
Skudai instead (and somebody finally got to see Angsana!hehe..).
4. Wore my Rooney red t-shirt for raya prayers because it was raining and I
didn’t want to ruin my new raya clothes.
5. Got really annoyed with some ill-mannered Indonesian girls at the mosque
(they were really noisy and didn’t even bother to cover their heads while in
the mosque!)
6. Took quite some time to find a mamak that opened on the first night of raya
for teh tarik. Even worst for some people who looked for a karaoke place
(hehe..).
7. My cousins and I got locked out of the house at 3 in the morning after the
teh tarik session.
8. Had to beg one of them to drive me to a petrol kiosk (at 3am!) because
toilet was desperately needed while we were trying to figure out our way
into the house.
9. I gained 1kg after just a day of ketupat, lemang, rendang and kuah lodeh…
10. At 28, I still received ang pow!

Looking back, it was one of the best raya so far.. Families reunited... good food, good laugh, good experience. Have to admit that I was a bit teary on a few occasions, but they were brief and mild.I did received undivided support and I do feel more confident now compared to the last few weeks (you were right uncle!). But every now and then, emptiness still knocks on my door. Hope it will finally give up on me soon! :)

No comments:

End of an era (and the beginning of a new one)

So, I turned 48 a few days ago. Instead of having the day off to celebrate, it was a busy day instead starting with a virtual viva session f...