Friday, October 29, 2004

New directions

This past week has been a real experience to me... overwhelming I'd say. Not only a major (expected?) change in my personal life but also careerwise. Yesterday morning my boss suddenly called me up to her office and offered me a new position. It was totally unexpected since I didn't even know that she was in the middle of reshuffling the organisation. I've been given till monday to think about it but I think it's very likely that I'll take up the offer.

Don't get me wrong.. I really enjoy what I'm doing now and since HUKM is the benchmark for Clinical Pharmacy in Malaysia (that's what people say anyway..), my hope was and still is to see our clinical team to flourish and get the recognition within the hospital that they truly deserve. But this new job offers me a new experience that I've never had before, a taste in management. Knowing how much I love clinical pharmacy, my boss is kind enough to let me continue with my wards cover with this new job. But frankly, I'm not sure whether I can manage running both jobs at the same time...so, we'll just wait and see.

Anyway,

I've added to the links two new blogs that I recently discovered.
To Gaby: welcome to blogsphere!

No comments:

End of an era (and the beginning of a new one)

So, I turned 48 a few days ago. Instead of having the day off to celebrate, it was a busy day instead starting with a virtual viva session f...