Monday, December 31, 2012

Kedekut kemut

I was getting some dried chillies during my usual grocery shopping yesterday when I saw this. A lady who was choosing some garlics just next to me started to peel the outer layers of every single clove of garlics that she chose before packing them up for weighing. I reckon she took about a kilo of garlics, so she was there for a good 10 minutes or so, just peeling. She made a big mess in the process with the peeled skin scattered all over the floor, oblivious to my staring eyes. Seriously, how pathetic can you be? I don't think the few cents you save from that peeled garlics can make you a millionaire!

I almost wanted to tell the miserly aunty off but a cleaner beaten me to it. The cleaner came to sweep the floor and calmly told her to stop. Embarrassed, the aunty walked away in a huff, but not without her bag of skinned garlics. Hurrah to common sense!

__________________________

Happy new year everyone! I have no new resolutions since I have yet to achieve those from previous years. Haih.

 
   A stormy end, a brighter tomorrow?

1 comment:

Al-Manar said...

It is hard to believe there are such people, so mean

End of an era (and the beginning of a new one)

So, I turned 48 a few days ago. Instead of having the day off to celebrate, it was a busy day instead starting with a virtual viva session f...