Monday, March 08, 2010

Goodbye Haloscan

I knew it. It was too good to be true.

When I saw the comment box last night, I thought it was a nice surprise. I thought my Haloscan comments were upgraded to the nicer version i.e. Echo for free. Boy I was wrong! Today, I found out that Echo is only provided for free for 2 weeks or so before I will be asked to pay $12/year for the service.

So tonight, I have decided to ditch Haloscan/ Echo before they ditch me when the free-trial ends and change to Blogger's free comments instead. I DO NOT get ditched ok? And as an act of protest, I've changed the blog's layout too!

I used Haloscan since the inception of this blog so it is actually sad to lose all those meaningful comments (from friends and strangers alike), especially from 2004-2007 period when I was a bit more active penning my thoughts in here.

Oh well... there's no such thing as free lunch I guess so.. goodbye Haloscan, thank you for the 7 beautiful spam-free years and here's to a new beginning!


The last ever comment posted on Haloscan/Echo was by Ummi. Emmmm.... I am gonna miss those cute emoticons!

4 comments:

Didie said...

Nice new blog layout Kak Ryzah. I like ;-)

hyelbaine said...

You could export out your comments from Haloscan into XML and wait for someone to design a script to import it into the Blogger commenting platform.

I'm still waiting too :P

Cheers!!! :D

PS> Nice layout ;)

Ummi said...

love the new layout :)

Hazyr said...

Didie & Ummi: Thank you!

Hyelbaine: oh, boleh ke? You have to teach me because I don't have a clue..

End of an era (and the beginning of a new one)

So, I turned 48 a few days ago. Instead of having the day off to celebrate, it was a busy day instead starting with a virtual viva session f...