Saturday, September 26, 2009

Dalam kenangan

I am such a traditionalist when it comes to raya:

I still prefer raya cards compared to smses and e-cards. I would hang them all up in the office (since my dad's cards would occupy the hanging space in the house) till the last day of Syawal.

I loved the chaos when all the family members (sometimes even up to 50 of them!) gathered at my late granddad's house in JB on raya eve and raya morning.

I looked forward to cousins' teh tarik/ ais kacang late night sessions especially on raya eve (although sometimes the uncles would tagged along, uninvited) and we would tell ghost stories of the boarding school years again and again.

I didn't mind being the co-ordinator when it comes to the photo sessions, shouting and forcing all especially the photo-shy aunts and cousins to organise themselves in front of the cameras.

Sometimes, I would even co-ordinate the convoys to visit the homes of the elders and extended families.

Oh well, at least one practice still survive this year..



Selamat Hari Raya
Maaf zahir batin (it's not too late right?)

No comments:

End of an era (and the beginning of a new one)

So, I turned 48 a few days ago. Instead of having the day off to celebrate, it was a busy day instead starting with a virtual viva session f...