Sunday, June 21, 2009

Libraries for Orphanage: the previous stop.. and next

Eversince I first got involved with the project early last year, I have been one of the loyal followers, for I too believe that one can change his/her destiny with knowledge and reading is one of the easiest ways to do just that.

This project was brilliantly initiated by none other than Dr Bubbles and was just among friends at first, with small budgets. Over time, the project expanded in terms of monetary aids and activities and has now come under the care of Islamic Relief Malaysia. The last library was set up at Rumah Amal Limpahan Kasih in Puchong on 22-23rd May 2009. This was a special and landmark event for the fund came fully from Joseph William Yee Eu Foundation, the first ever partnership with a non-muslim organisation.



More photos here.

The next stop will be at Asrama Anak Yatim dan Miskin Yayasan Hikmah in Gopeng, Perak this coming saturday. Dr Bubbles, Nizam and myself went to reccee the place sometime back in April and I fell in love with the home the first instant I set foot on its ground. Sadly, I won't be able to join the gang for the library installment this weekend since I will be in Saigon with a couple of friends for a short break. I hope things will run smoothly and if any of you want to give a hand, please do not hesitate to contact Dr Bubbles at iskandar@irm.org.my ya!


The orphanage


The kids


The space which will be converted to a library come next weekend


The family behind the lovely home

------------------

Remember this song? I had a lot of sticks when it first came out due to the band's name. Yes, I was called 'Shai' at a certain point of my life..but it didn't stick for long because I was anything but shy! hehe..

Listening to it again does bring back alot of (happy) memories though!



No comments:

End of an era (and the beginning of a new one)

So, I turned 48 a few days ago. Instead of having the day off to celebrate, it was a busy day instead starting with a virtual viva session f...