Sunday, March 22, 2009

In an ideal world



I almost choked when I saw this kid begging solo on a sky bridge just opposite MBK in Bangkok a few nights ago. She wasn't even begging, she just hold out the cup with the face downward and stayed in that position the whole time I was observing her from afar. She must be really tired and sleepy... afterall, it was almost 10pm at the time already.

In an ideal world, she would be in a safe home, with her loving family, instead of on the street.

In an ideal world, she would be nicely tucked in her comfy bed, probably with fairy-tales read to her before she closes her eyes for the night.

In an ideal world, i would not just be observing... I would pick her up and bring her to someplace safe. And feed her too.

But this is a nasty world afterall... and I am just a weakling. Instead, I just quickly hurried away after this photo was snapped and rejoined the company of people I came with, into the shopping mall, although I didn't shop at all.

Yes, I am a weakling. And the image of that little girl is still haunting me.

No comments:

End of an era (and the beginning of a new one)

So, I turned 48 a few days ago. Instead of having the day off to celebrate, it was a busy day instead starting with a virtual viva session f...