Monday, August 18, 2008

Persistence pays? We'll see..

I received a call from a stranger one evening about a week ago. I wouldn't normally answer calls or smses from unknown numbers due to previous experiences of having insane stalkers but that night, I did. I wasn't thinking. The call came from a guy who apparently has been trying to get in touch with me for the past 3 years but all his calls and smses were left unanswered by yours truly. 3 years... was he real?

This bloke apparently got my number from a friend (siap kau!) way back in 2005 and has been trying periodically to get through to me to promote his financial plans (which explained why I never replied his smses and calls!). To cut the story short, I agreed to meet him the day after the phonecall because I was quite impressed with his persistence.. 3 years is a long time right? On the other hand, I already have all the plans that I think I need so I agreed to see him just out of courtesy, to get it over and done with quickly.

He came to my office on a Friday afternoon, when I was rushing to finish off some work before the weekend. Naturally, I couldn't give him much of my time and truth to be told, I am sure I came off as a snob or plain rude to him.. I didn't show much interest in whatever he was explaining and frequently interrupting him mid-sentence. But in contrast, he maintained his composure and friendliness. Anyway, while driving home from work that day, I thought back about the whole incident and felt quite bad.. so, I have now agreed to meet him again this wednesday. It will be out of the office this time so hopefully I will be more attentive and receptive instead of acting like a total jerk again. Maybe, I will end up with another saving plan afterall!

Footnote: No, I am NOT a softie!

________________________________

Here are some shots I took in PD a couple of weeks ago.. Who says PD has lost its charm eh?











I wanted to stay longer in PD (since the hotel bed was pretty comfy) but had to leave early on Sunday since I had to chair a lunch talk at PJ Hilton.


Yours truly with the speaker, Prof Rashid during question and answer.

The talk was about the new Clinical Practice Guidelines on Hypertension and Prof was the chairman of that CPG committee as well as the immediate past president of Malaysian Society of Hypertension. So, it was a great honour to have him there (and to have the opportunity to ask him so many questions..hehe..)

I will upload more photos to fotopages later. Kalau saya rajin ok!

No comments:

End of an era (and the beginning of a new one)

So, I turned 48 a few days ago. Instead of having the day off to celebrate, it was a busy day instead starting with a virtual viva session f...