Saturday, August 30, 2008

Books, books, books!

I joined Dr Bubbles for a book-shopping session (for the orphanage library project) after a basketball season finale with the guys today. It has been a few months since I last spent some quality time in bookstores, so the bookstore-hopping trip this afternoon was a great refresher for me. Our first stop was Dewan Bahasa dan Pustaka and here's a picture of what we borong:



It has been donkey years since I last bought books by local authors so when I saw the english version of A Samad Said's evergreen Lantai T Pinkie, I took it straightaway...



After a nice lunch break, we continued our borong session at MPH Great Eastern Mall and surprise surprise... who did we bump into? Pak Samad himself! While Dr Bubbles was busy chatting to him and his wife about the library project, I was busy contemplating in my head whether to sprint to the car to fetch my newly bought T. Pinkie's Floor and get the great man to sign on it or not... As much as I wanted to do just that, I later dismissed the idea because... well, I was just lazy (nothing new there eh!).

But looks like my T. Pinkie's Floor will bear the autograph of Pak Samad afterall since Dr Bubbles has promised to help ask him to sign my copy when he meets the man again tomorrow morning...yay!

Anyway, I also bought this at MPH so looks like the rest of the weekend will be spent quietly in my room, just me and the books. A nice change after so many hectic weekends. Happy Merdeka and Salam Ramadhan to all!

No comments:

End of an era (and the beginning of a new one)

So, I turned 48 a few days ago. Instead of having the day off to celebrate, it was a busy day instead starting with a virtual viva session f...