Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Looking back through new glasses

Time flies.

I only realised a few days ago that this blog is already 5 years old... It was created with the help of a dear friend in July 2003, originally as an outlet for me to sort out my cluttered mind when I was silently battling to save my on-off marriage after the rock-bottom experience in summer 2002. On-off because we had good times and bad times, laughters and tears, anger and love, all jumbled up together that most of the times, we didn't even know whether we were staying or going. Ironically, only good times were portrayed in this blog during the confusing times, until the inevitable happened (again) in October-December 2004. Looking back, it was just my way of getting on with life and dealing with the uncertainties. People say seeing is believing right? If you see me happy, then I might or would be. That was the whole idea back then..

Anyway, I am glad that over the years, this blog has served me more than just an emotional outlet. It helped me to reunite with old friends, made me quite a number of new friends and most of all, it gave me a platform to chart my new experiences, challenges and travels. So, to celebrate the (mostly) good 5 years, I have decided to give this blog a brand new look although the orange colour theme is maintained...it is just my way of being nostalgic :)

Hope you guys like it!

_______________________________________________



TULIPS

It's probably full-blown summer in the UK by now. During my Hillsborough years (my house was only a stone throw from Sheffield Wednesday's homeground), spring and summer were when my living room got decorated with tulips every weekend especially in my last year there, without fail. It was such a routine that my local florist would automatically chose the best tulips for me as soon as I stepped out of the tram and into her shop after my weekly groceries shopping on saturday mornings.I just loved the subtle smell of the flowers that filled up the room especially during the cold summer nights. Pink tulips, fireplace, soothing music and a good book on a cold night... heavenly.

PETIT

Most of the times during my routine visits to my local flowershop, my cat Petit (named after Emanuel Petit, the french footballer), would be there too, eagerly waiting for me so that she could walk me back home, knowing that I would also have new supply of canned cat food for her in my shopping bags. Such a clever cat, she was. On my last night before flying back to KL for good, I found her in my almost-closed luggage bag..it was just her way to tell me that she wanted to come along I guess. But Hillsborough was where she belong, so I left her in the care of my next-door neighbour on the day I left. I hope she is still there enjoying the fresh breeze of spring and summer mornings, the lovely daffodils and tulips in my neighbour's backyard and remains the queen of Shepperson Road, Hillsborough..

_______________________________________________

Something from those cold summer nights..

What Becomes Of The Broken Hea - Vonda Shepard - Ally Mcbeal

No comments:

End of an era (and the beginning of a new one)

So, I turned 48 a few days ago. Instead of having the day off to celebrate, it was a busy day instead starting with a virtual viva session f...