Sunday, April 20, 2008

That's what friends are for

I was supposed to put up this post about 3 weeks ago. It got postponed for so long because I kept forgetting to upload the photos. Oh well, it's better now than never..

p/s I am blogging while holidaying on this Langkawi Island because a certain someone is still not awake yet! I need to keep myself occupied, right?
______________________________________________

I spent most of last week catching up with old friends. I am pretty bad at keeping in touch at regular basis, be it through phone or email, so whenever the opportunity to meet up arises, I would rarely turn it down. It is so much nicer to talk (and gossip!) face-to-face anyway..

The first stop was to the house of my Guildford Street ex-flatmate. Although it's been a number of years since we both left London and that we are now not as close as we used to be, I still consider her as a good friend and as the elder sister I never had. She's highly intelligent, hardworking, pretty and a great cook. She is the person I'd turn to for practical advice or when my head needs a bit of knockin' to overrule my heart. It was just half past 10 on a Sunday morning but she had Laksa Johor all ready to be consumed when I arrived! And mind you she has 3 adorable kids to take care of as well. We spent 2 hours updating each other (ok, it was me updating her mainly) and by midday I was already on my way to pick up a couple of my alma mater friends for a small get-together in Dengkil Valley.

We have these small gatherings whenever we can especially when Nizeq, who is now based in London, and Madam Dhaka who is currently (lounging) in Dhaka are back in this country. A couple of friends couldn't made it this time but the loudness of laughters was the same anyway!

Here are some photos:


Eating time


Yummy homemade cheese cake from Liza


Special souvenir from London. They have changed the packings now.. It looked like Ferragamo shoebox to me!


The heavenly cookies. The few things that I truly missed from my UK years!


The good (bloated!) friends
Thank you Nong for being a lovely host.. We'll be back!! :)

No comments:

End of an era (and the beginning of a new one)

So, I turned 48 a few days ago. Instead of having the day off to celebrate, it was a busy day instead starting with a virtual viva session f...