Friday, December 14, 2007

A million thanks

It's 14th December today and about 6 hours from now, I am supposed to be in a queue somewhere in Queen's Uni of Belfast's compound, in my robe and hat, getting ready to receive my scroll. Yup, it's my graduation day today. But instead, at that same fine hour, I will be driving my family to Seoul Bulgogi in Bangsar for a celebratory dinner...on me of course.

At some point this year, I truly wanted to go for the graduation ceremony especially since I missed the ceremony for my Postgrad Diploma few years ago. But the plan changed. My friends (and such good friends they are!) managed to persuade me to channel the funds to a bagpacking trip to Cambodia and Vietnam instead. I agreed and I am glad I did...it was a good trip and we had fun. After all, where is the joy of going to your graduation alone with no one else to share your happiness with and worst, no one to take your photos?

Anyway, below is the acknowledgement page of my thesis and since many didn't get the chance to actually see it, I'm putting it up here to show my appreciation to those who really matters. Thank you.

p/s Bear in mind that this page was written just a few minutes before the whole write-up was due to be sent to the printer (yeah yeah...it was a last-minute piece of work, what's new with me eh?)so do excuse the chaos in structure and grammar ok!
___________________________________________________

First and foremost, I would like to express my heartiest appreciation to Dr Michael Scott, my Queens’ University of Belfast (QUB) project supervisor, for his guidance and support, which enable me to complete this research successfully.

My sincere gratitude and appreciation also goes to Associate Professor Dr Rosnani Hashim, Head of Pharmacy Department, National University of Malaysia (UKM) who are also my local supervisor, for her concern and countless feedbacks and to Dr Oteh Maskon, Consultant Cardiologist and Head of Cardiology Unit in HUKM for his full support and valuable ideas that constantly helped me in improving my study.

I would also like to express my special thank you to Dr Mohd Hasni Jaafar, Head of HUKM Polyclinic who is also a Consultant Statistician who has helped me solving all the statistical problems that I encountered throughout the study and to Mr Brian McCaw, Manager of Distance Learning Centre, School of Pharmacy, Queen’s University Belfast for his constant support from the beginning of the MSc in Clinical Pharmacy programme.

My warmest appreciation also to Puan Faridah Md Yusof, Head of Pharmacy Department, HUKM and all my colleagues particularly Leong Siew Lian, Kong Shue Hong and Lai Yin Key for their endless encouragement and help throughout my research period.

I have also received a considerable amount of help from staff of Medical Records Unit in completing my data collection and for that I would like to thank Mr Januddin Bakar, Head of Medical Records Unit and all his staff. A special mention of thanks also to my friends particularly Ahmad Rizal Ali for his constant encouragement and huge boost of help by lending me his laptop to enable me to analyse my data using SPSS Version 15, which I have no access to if otherwise.

Last but not least, my utmost gratitude and heartiest appreciation to my family for their undivided support particularly to my mother who had given me a substantial amount of financial support in order for me to complete this MSc in Clinical Pharmacy programme, to whom I would like to dedicate all my efforts and hard work.

SEPTEMBER 2007

No comments:

End of an era (and the beginning of a new one)

So, I turned 48 a few days ago. Instead of having the day off to celebrate, it was a busy day instead starting with a virtual viva session f...