Monday, October 01, 2007

Yippee.. Nayy..

I have been tremendously happy in the last few months. Even when the never-ending data collection followed by the thesis write-up stressed me up or when work was up to the nose, I could still maintained the state of happy-ness. Happy to the extent that I could smile on my own, be it morning or night, just thinking of my source of happiness. But yesterday, it suddenly occurred to me that there is a chance that this happiness may not last that long... How can I expect it to last when all the opposing facts have been laid down in front of me at the very beginning, right?

The thing is, even after the traumatising past experience, I am still a hopeless romantic. I might have on a few occasions especially after the big 'D' shouted out loud that I don't believe in fairy-tale story ending of 'happily ever after' anymore but secretly I did, and sadly, I still do. I still desperately hoping for it.

But that's it really, I can only hope. The reality is, it doesn't matter how much I tried, eternal happiness still seems like a distance away and there are times when I get the odd feelings that it is never really meant for me. Maybe I'm just lucky enough to experience it here and there along my life journey just to know how it really feels like but that's about it. Maybe.

And at this point of time, my hope is slowly weaning off again..and so does the happy-feeling...

_____________________________________________________

Early morning updates:

Sunday wasn't that bad afterall... my state of happiness was restored a bit after a nice dinner and a good chat. But as I said.. all I have now is hope (and faith) so we'll see..

On a more cheerful note, I will soon be able to check off another of my life to-do list. I have just enrolled myself into a music class and will start this week. It was that or a Mandarin class but since learning Mandarin will require quite a number of my brain cells to function, I thought I will put that on hold first. My brain cells need a rest too right?

No comments:

End of an era (and the beginning of a new one)

So, I turned 48 a few days ago. Instead of having the day off to celebrate, it was a busy day instead starting with a virtual viva session f...