Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Reds in the final!

It was a nerve-wrecking 120-minutes game with one controversially disallowed goal and a very brief appearance of Robbie Fowler (which is pretty rare in important games nowadays). Although the winner had to, at the end, be decided by penalty shoot-out meaning that I didn't get to bed until 5.30am, it was well worth it.. because Liverpool won and they're in the final!!

Fowler didn't get to take the penalty kick at the end (that was the only reason why he was brought in during the extra time) since Riena did a marvelous job saving 2 spot kicks from Robben and Geremi. Now... bring on the Red Devils :)



_____________________________________________________



It's been a while since I last saw a play.. the last was Puteri Gunung Ledang I think. So, when I was offered a corporate box seat for a play at Petronas Philharmonic Hall a couple of weekends ago, I didn't think twice and just took up the offer. I didn't know anything on the tales of Malim Bongsu and definitely didn't have a single clue on what was Mek Mulung all about so I went thinking it was just one of the usual traditional plays to cater more for the tourists since it's VMY anyway..but I was wrong.

I still don't know exactly what the art of Mek Mulung really is but the play was a highly entertaining musical with integration of slapsticks and current issues although in thick Northern accents. There were times during the show that I had 'delayed' laughters compared to the others in the audience since I needed time 'to digest and convert' the language used. But it was entertaining all the same anyway and I was glad I went.

Oh, my favourite play of all time, Phantom of the Opera is now showing at Singapore's Esplanade. I shall make my way there in about a couple of weeks' time to watch it (again)... Am really looking forward to the trip!

No comments:

End of an era (and the beginning of a new one)

So, I turned 48 a few days ago. Instead of having the day off to celebrate, it was a busy day instead starting with a virtual viva session f...