Thursday, April 05, 2007

The weird-weird me

I would like to believe that I'm a normal kind of person but for beloved Kak Eija's sake, I shall take up the challenge..

Me Weird No 1:
I am a thoroughbred lefthanded for as long as I can remember and my right hand is pretty much the 'secondhand' except for eating. But when I was at college, I one day discovered that I could actually write on the board using chalks with my right hand. Not just scribbles but normal, legible hand-writing. I've tried writing on whiteboards with marker pen and also tried writing on papers with chalks but both didnt turned out well.. so, only vertical boards, only with chalks. Emm, maybe I should try writing using both hands at the same time. Pretty cool if i can do that eh?

Me Weird No 2:
I only wash my car..err.. every 3 months on average. I am so NOT a dirty person but my car is silver metallic in colour so the dirts can easily go unnoticed (this is my excuse anyway..) There were times when my friends would write 'please wash me' on the car to show how thick the dirt was but that went unnoticed for quite a long period too!

Me Weird No 3:
I have a crooked septum in the nose. I think it got injured when a basketball went straight for my face long long ago at school. Or was it a handball? Can't really remember now... Anyway, the septum is now more to the right nostril but for some scientific reason, the uneven division of my nostrils is causing the turbinate in my left nostril to become bigger hence causing me having frequent bouts of blocked nose. Anyway, one day a few months ago, a ENT surgeon cum a friend of mine persuaded me to go to his clinic and did a scope when I had one of those bad blocked nose. To cut the story short, I will, in a few months' time, be having a septoplasty to correct my septum and a radiofrequency treatment to reduce the size of my turbinate, all in one go. I will soon be on par with Cameron Diaz and Jennifer Aniston for having a 'nose job' done!

Me Weird No 4:
I can remember faces well.. I may not remember their names (I'm very bad with names)nor can I remember where I got to know them at the first place but those faces that I find familiar would normally turn out to be either old friends/ neighbours/ colleagues/ patients/ students etc. I remember I had one patient whom I found very familiar and upon questionings(me being as curious as a cat!) I found out he used to go to the same eating place that I would go for dinner near my house. Not that we ever talked at that eating place anyway, but yeah, his face got registered in my brain..

Me Weird No 5:
Coffee has no effect on me. I can have a cappucino or a latte at night and can still doze off straightafter my head touches the pillows. So, you can ask me out for coffee late at night and I'll surely wont say no.. Oh, and I love Chocolate Indugence Cake from Secret Recipe too, just to let you know :)

Me Weird No 6:
I hate shopping especially during sales. I hate the crowd and definitely hate the long queues for the fitting rooms and at the paying counters. And I find window shopping is just a complete waste of time. So, it's a small wonder that none of my girlfriends would ask me out for shopping unless we have specific things to buy or even better, specific shops to go to and get it over and done with fast. Not so typically feminine eh?

Ok, to follow the rule of the game, I must now tag 6 more people. Since I'm among the last to do this it's not easy since most bloggers I know have been tagged. Sape ek?

1. Itiq - to give him an excuse to update his blog.. dah lama sangat la wei..
2. Inaleem - another blogger who has gone zzzzz..
3. Ardy - I know you dont have a blog but it's ok, you can use mine as the platform. Why? Because you're just weird and I want the world to know that too! hihihi..
4. Baine - a blogger whose blog is always interesting to read :)
5. Eija - A long-lost friend.. and we re-connected through blogging!
6. Abdun - a now proud father of Muhammad Ikhwan Rasydan :)

Here's the rules:

RULES: People who are tagged should write a blog post of 6 weird things about them as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave a comment that says 'you are tagged' in their comments and tell them to read your blog.

Have fun guys!
____________________________________________________________________________
















St Emilion March 2007
More photos here.

No comments:

End of an era (and the beginning of a new one)

So, I turned 48 a few days ago. Instead of having the day off to celebrate, it was a busy day instead starting with a virtual viva session f...