Friday, July 28, 2006

A Reflection

When somebody you know or close to you passed away out of the blue, you tend to pause for awhile and reflect or analyse your own life. I do anyway..

I have been thinking about my own life the past few days. Am I ready if my life is cut-short out of a sudden? In religious sense, definitely not (I'm just being honest!). Others in general? Well, maybe.. although I have so many other things to achieve still in life, I am pretty much happier with what I have nowadays compared to perhaps, a couple of years ago. I am blessed with so many good friends who sincerely care about me ( I think so anyway!), a job that I still enjoy (as long as I dont think about the pay that is!)and I've been given so many opportunities to learn and do new and interesting things each day.. Yup, life is not bad at all..

Surely, like any other 'normal' girls I do hope that someday, I'll be (re)married and blessed with kids.. But I have admit, at this moment of time, I'm not bothered much about this. If love comes naturally tomorrow, I wont reject but I know I wont be actively pursuing for it either.. Past experiences have taught me many things and one thing for sure is never let myself be in a vulnerable position again. Nope, I wont ever let anybody else hurt me as how I was hurt before.. never again. A friend recently commented that I have built an invisible shield around me. She said I need to put efforts and take the risks of getting hurt again in order to find true love. Heck, it's not a price I'm wiling to pay!

Honestly, I dont ask for much in a life-partner.. only integrity, sense of responsibility, honesty and of course he has to love me for who I really am.. But these men are truly scarce nowadays, would you agree? Do they even exist in the first place? Only time will tell...

Anyway, it's friday today (the most auspicious day of the week in Islam) so let's put our hands together and pray for all who have left us, be it our family and friends (Arwah Nenek, Arwah Atuk Muar, Arwah Noni 93, Arwah Anor 93 & Arwah Johan Ismail) or those who have touched our lives in some ways or another (Arwah Hani Mohsin and all those died in Palestine, Lebanon and Afghanistan).. Al-fatihah.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I've just realised that this blog is already 3 years old. How time flies..
Nothing much have changed since it first started.. for the reasons that my web knowledge isn't that great and that the person who first taught me on how to set this blog up, well, isn't around anymore.. So, don't expect any facelifts ok! :)

No comments:

End of an era (and the beginning of a new one)

So, I turned 48 a few days ago. Instead of having the day off to celebrate, it was a busy day instead starting with a virtual viva session f...