Monday, March 01, 2004

Puduraya oh Puduraya

I would normally stay away from Puduraya if I could but because I didn't want to drive to Ipoh last week for a conference, taking the coach was my only alternative. Anyway, my opinion of Puduraya hasn't changed at all... it sucks!Where do I start..

1 It was so smoky that I felt dizzy just after 5 minutes I got. That must be my brain telling me that I overdosed myself with carbon monoxide!

2 The coach operators must have made a pact to treat customers like pariah. One traveller was harassed in the coach before we left KL just because he 'dared' to ask whether he got the right ticket. And this was not the first incident I saw. The last time I tried to buy a ticket for Nada to go to Cameron Highland, I felt like I was talking to a mute. He answered all my questions by just pointing randomly to the poorly-written posters without even muttering a single word. As if I was talking in a totally foreign language!

3 We bought tickets for 'Super VIP Coach' to Ipoh (Executive Coach doesn't go there) thinking that we can relax ourselves on our journey there...
Surprise..surprise... the coach was in a very bad condition that I was just relieved that I arrived in Ipoh safely!

I heard from the news a few weeks back that the Plaza Rakyat project is going to be resumed. But from what I could see last Thursday, nothing has changed at all. The eye sore remained, no sign of construction workers or builders there.. unless I was blind that is.

It's really a wonder to me how 'they' can build the tallest building in the world in time and yet struggling to provide a much needed public transport centre and services. Is this their way of saying that corporate and rich foreigners are far more important than the working class citizens and backpackers who use puduraya everyday? Something to think about especially with the general election just around the corner, isn't ?



No comments:

End of an era (and the beginning of a new one)

So, I turned 48 a few days ago. Instead of having the day off to celebrate, it was a busy day instead starting with a virtual viva session f...